Lifecycle Building Challenge 2
June 18, 2008
Urban Habitat Chicago is a co-sponsor for the Lifecycle Building Challenge 2, so please check out this great competition, help spread the word, and be part of an innovative solution.
This free national, web-based competition invites engineers, designers, architects, planners, contractors, builders, educators and students in any field to submit innovative ideas related to deconstruction — creating buildings that can be easily taken apart so that you can reuse the building materials.
Enter your innovative designs and ideas!
Register and submit your idea before July 31, 2008.
- Create designs that facilitate local building materials reuse
- Consider the full lifecycle of building materials—design through deconstruction and reuse
- Focus on quality and creativity of designs and concepts
- Develop strategies that maximize materials recovery
- Reduce the overall embodied energy and greenhouse gas emissions of building materials through reuse
- Decrease environmental and economic costs
- Address real world issues
Check out the website for more information!
Why we’re a sponsor
Urban Habitat Chicago is sponsoring this competition because we believe it helps demonstrating the viability of sustainable concepts and practices in urban environments.
See other related work we’ve done: